Thursday, June 29, 2006

Saga of an Interior Designer

I've had this new thought about magazine pictures. I meet with many people that have 'clip files', including myself. We pull out of magazines what we like and stick em somewhere.

The interesting thing is these photos are unique and creative. The become reproduced as soon as someone wants to copy it. What I've noticed is that some people are afraid to try things that are new and different, although the picture they show me was at one point a new idea??

Does this make sense? I think it's great to use pictures as a vehicle, or a starting point, to create a newer unique and creative idea. I it's my job to help clients' go above and beyond what is typical.

I saw an ad in a magazine once that said, "Fight Sameness"(showing rows of houses that looked the same). I think I should add this to my business card under Interior Designer, fighting sameness daily. Or my other new quote comes from Thrasher magazine, "We instictually do the things that inspire us and stay away from the things that will bore us to death." I don't think this one will fit on my business card, but it still makes me giggle.

Maybe next time I'll talk about Sage Green? Do you have any interior design questions?

3 Comments:

Blogger Stuen said...

so what's the difference between an interior designer and an interior decorator?

2:09 PM

 
Blogger 538steve said...

Who told you to ask the difference between a designer and decorator?? It different... There is even a difference between what I am able to do commercially or residentially. Here's an article that will help you understand the difference....http://www.interiordesignschoolreview.com/news/interior-designer-or-decorator.html

6:17 PM

 
Blogger 538steve said...

The good design practices, thoughts and ideas I was taught in school can also be found in Fung Shui. I don't believe that Fung Shui fits with this culture. Of course I don't have a good example to explain what I mean. I think about how we can buy things from Ikea, but's not the same as in Europe...

6:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home