Monday, July 31, 2006

Short and sweet

It's the quiet before the storm.

I can feel it.

I've started many layouts for projects both residential and commercially and now I'm waiting for the storm. There is time now to blog, so I must blog.

I'm sitting at my computer with hershey's chocolate bar with almonds and Jethro Tull and the quiet rain. It's awesome! Just so you know, I was turned onto Jethro Tull from Andy after we got married. I grew up on the Cure, Sex Pistols and other various oddities. We grew up on very different music, although we similar bands like the Talking Heads and Portishead. That's just like our marriage. We're very different, but at the same time there are ties that connect us together. I'm thankful for the music Andy brought to our relationship. I wouldn't be enjoying the rain as much if I were listening to the Beastie Boys or something like that.

Crap he's back... I should go and spend time with him instead of talking about him

8 Comments:

Blogger Robert J Ellwood said...

I enjoy listening to worms being squished on the sidewalk when it is raining out - especially when I am the one doing the squishing!
...just be glad that they can't scream, man...

5:35 PM

 
Blogger Danielle said...

Laura the way you put things, the way you put things. Tull in the rain sounds so nice. aqualung... Vern Worminator, if you could possibly understand where I go in my mind at the thought of the helpless minions under my tire treads...

12:23 AM

 
Blogger Robert J Ellwood said...

...now just imagine going fishing with worms - you thread one onto a hook and then drown it...or minnows, now that's a different story altogether...
OK, shifting gears...
I needs ta get me some Jethro...the flute ain't just for sissies anymore...
Andy was a good influence on you.

11:19 PM

 
Blogger Robocarp said...

i like how jethro tull won best heavy metal award over metallica, another victory against franchised metal

11:31 AM

 
Blogger Elvis Has Left The Building said...

I can feel it...coming in the air tonight....oh Lord (ord...ord...ord)...and I been waitin' for this moment (oment...oment) for-all may life....(ife...ife...ife) ....oh Lord (ord...ord...ord)... oh Lord....buzzzzzz

9:40 AM

 
Blogger Robert J Ellwood said...

Chill mah babies...!

9:56 AM

 
Blogger Danielle said...

i think it's tonight (ight...ight...ight...) If you attempt Phil, you must master Phil, and all which that encompasses...

10:33 AM

 
Blogger Elvis Has Left The Building said...

What is that creature walking amongst the sawgrass? In the Everglades...In the Everglades...After setting a beanset I trapped the beast. In the Everglades...In the Everglades

11:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home