Friday, December 08, 2006

My X-mas card to all my blog readers

I've sent long drawn out, boring Christmas letters of what Andy and I did that year.

This year I'd like to change it up a little bit and dedicate this to Assistant #1.

I'd also like to call this Christmas letter: what technology I got this year. It's amazing.

1) We started our January off by getting hi speed internet. My life changed. Not only could I talk to my vendors, but I could also be looking at the materials online while talking to them. I told some friends, at my poorest in Germany, I still could buy cigarettes every day. By February '06, we had no money, but we still had internet.

2) My next adventure, after getting a job at Ryan Companies, I got a cell phone. My FIRST EVER. Yes, that surprised the sales rep. There are very few like me left. It wasn't until Novemeber did I discover how to answer my call-waiting.

3) Close after my cell phone experience, I had my own blog started for me. As you can see, other than loading videos, I've discovered all sorts of ways to express what's happening in my life.

4) By September Andy had his FIRST EVER cell phone, but he read his manual. He told me he'd never use it. For a while, he forgot to bring it with him. I'd call his cell to come home and find out it was on the Kitchen counter. Now, he talks to me almost daily :)

5) Andy then proceeded to buy a video ipod so he could hear teaching tapes in his car while driving to work. We drove to MOA, threw down a bunch of money and quickly left. He did the tutorials online (because we have hi speed internet, ya know).

6) I got my ipod. Some of you know the story. I walked in to Walmart, "I want a video ipod."
"You do?"
"Don't I?"
"If I were you, I'd get the new Zune"
"I do?"
So, I got the Zune on Wednesday and it was returned for a regular ipod by Saturday. I won't tell who strongly suggested this... :)

So yes that our story of technology this year. Just so you know, I'm starting to eye up Andy's video ipod. Now that I know I can sync it with my outlook calendar... (mine won't do that).

I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas! I'm looking forward to not using any of my new technology, but curling up and reading a good book :)

6 Comments:

Blogger S.B.G. said...

now that's a Christmas card!

12:25 PM

 
Blogger 538steve said...

If I wrote about what we did this year, I'd put ya to sleep, so I had to come up with something different.

4:12 PM

 
Blogger S.B.G. said...

well durn that's usually my goal...put 'em to sleep. lol. great letter--

11:48 AM

 
Blogger Danielle said...

Hilarious Steve..I've been suffering from too much new tech in the house lately. It's good that you've embraced it. I fear.. I think I'll have to go to school to learn how to use our new camera..

11:38 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was highly entertaining. So... why did you choose to go with the ipod? I want to rebel against "the man" and pick something else... but they're soooo pretty...

11:41 PM

 
Blogger Blue Bellied Yank said...

Thanks for the lovely card Steve's Mom, your a doll!! Merry Christmas and blessings in the New Year!!

9:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home